A Montage of Memories

Makenzie High and Lauren Ollivier

Zac Mendoza gleefully poses for a picture with his “Most Likely to Be a Reality TV Star” award

Wrapping up senior year, students spend one of their last moments with their class before they embark on their new journey after high school.

The senior banquet is the first senior event that closes the school year for seniors. It’s a time for everyone to get together for one of the last times before they graduate and spend time with close friends and mingle with others before everyone goes their separate ways.

“It’s so weird because we’ve all been going to the same school with most of these people since elementary school. It’s crazy to think that we won’t all be together again,” said Kylie Guardiancic (12).

Senior banquet has the reputation at Heritage as being one the saddest events for seniors because although it is a fun event where the senior find out the winners of best of the best and participate in dinner table scavenger hunts, there is a senior slideshow that contains numerous pictures of the seniors throughout their high school career.

“The slide show did it for me at the banquet. I felt like so many emotions hit me at once. I never thought my friends and I would be separated so much. But even though we are nervous to be so far apart, we are all excited to grow as individuals and take long road trips to each other’s colleges,” said Jazmyne Duran (12).

While the seniors love to see the growth and the memories that they have made at Heritage, it elicits emotion as people begin to reminisce on the memories and the people that they will not be seeing on a day to day basis.    

“Overall I thought the event was really cool, but it definitely hit me when we were there that high school is about to be over and while I’m excited for what’s next there are a lot of things I’m going to miss,” said Brookelynn Santos (12).

While many seniors are itching for the school year to end and are elated by all of the events that are at the end of the year for seniors, there is still a small sadness that lingers as they approach the day where everyone goes their separate ways.