Chris Troye

Chris Troye looks up to track the ball.

From the moment a tee ball player can pick up a baseball, they have a dream of playing college and major league baseball. For senior Chris Troye, this dream is becoming a reality. Troye is currently catcher of the Varsity baseball team and is a leader to his teammates who respect him not only as a player but as a person.

“He is one of the most polite and well-rounded people I know. He is just somebody that you want to play with and be friends with,” said Walker Brinkman (12).

He has been playing baseball for as far back as he can remember. His love for the game has  taken him to multiple cities and states as he continues to play baseball in showcases all over the country.However, his focus currently remains on the high school season coming up.

“There are high hopes and expectations for the team this year. We are focusing on winning league and going to NCS,” said Troye (12).

In July, Troye got offered to play in the Under Armor All-American game, where the top high school players get invited to play in a game at Wrigley Field and play on national television in front of college and major league scouts. After the game, Chris was announced MVP of the game.

“It was such an honor to be named MVP. The caliber of the other players in the game made receiving the award special and I am blessed to be able to play in this environment,” said Troye (12).

Troye has also committed to play baseball at the University of Santa Barbara. He has been followed by the coaches and they decided to offer him a scholarship to play for their program.

“I am really happy for Chris. It is cool to see all the hard work that he is putting in pay off. UCSB is getting a great baseball player and person,” said Tyler Franks (12).

Through all of these accomplishments, Troye has continued to work hard and stay humble. He is a leader on the baseball team and to students on campus. He leads the baseball team by giving motivational speeches before games and giving advice to teammates whenever he can. He also is a leader on campus by being a leader of the student section, along with helping others in the weight room, classroom, and everyday life problems.