Splashin’ through Senior Year!

The senior trip to Wake Island proved to be a success.

The students enjoyed completing obstacles, wake boarding, paddle boarding, and running around in hamster balls. The obstacles consisted of slides, trampolines, and many more. People gave it their all as they ran across.

The vibrant blue/ green water held plants and fish providing a very nature filled feeling. A volleyball game played out in the sand and food was sold near an array of tables. A free lunch also came included with a sandwich, drink, and chips.The line for lunch was long but it went by fast and soon enough students went back to the water.

The location of Wake is about two hours away and there is nothing much around Wake Island itself. There is a wooden fence surrounding it and once you step inside the surroundings completely change and all of the sudden you are at a beach with bright blue water. There was plenty of water for students to paddle and wake board on. On the water lies a giant obstacle course with life vests set up on the side.

One student shared her opinion regarding the obstacle course: “No matter who you were everybody would help you out of the water or laugh at you in a good way” said Anika Yoder (12).

The unity of the senior class was a big part of the Wake Island trip. Many people who have not meant prior engaged in conversation and bonded while on the obstacle course. This setting was refreshing from the usual classroom one.

“I loved it because the class felt like one” said Anika Yoder (12).

Everyone had a great time at Wake a Island exploring the many activities. One student mentions her favorite activity: “My favorite part was definitely paddle boarding and the hamster balls” said Sadie Salets (12). Wake Island provided a great place to make memories to share with friends and classmates.

The trip to Wake Island gave friends the chance to spend time together as they embark on their last year at Heritage. Many students expressed their gratitude of this opportunity and one of them was Ysabelle Yabon.

Yabon expressed this when saying, “Wake Island was a great experience, I am really happy that I got to make memories that will last a lifetime with my friends” said Ysabelle Habon (12).

The students, overall, had a great time at Wake Island and made plenty of new memories to kick off senior year.