The Effects of Anxiety

A lot of people don’t understand the effects anxiety can have on someone. Anxiety can cause harm to the body mentally and physically. Now, many teachers and parents don’t think or understand that high school students and younger can develop severe anxiety.         

Anxiety has affected me and I’m sure anxiety has affected many students worldwide.

I have been affected by anxiety in more ways than one, mentally, physically, and socially. When I have anxiety or panic attacks. I feel embarrassed because I feel like I’m the only one who gets sick from anxiety or throws up from anxiety but I know that i’m not the only one severely affected by anxiety in this world.

Anxiety affects most students mentally because of all the homework and tests they receive from their teachers. Not to mention the chores some students have to do when they get out of school. Also, Mental anxiety does not let your mind shut down so you can not get good sleep. This leads to students being tired the next day at school and it repeats.

Anxiety affects a lot of students in a physical way by dizziness, lightheadedness and throwing up. Physical Anxiety affects me a lot because I do get dizzy a lot when I have anxiety and that leads me to throwing up. The physical part of anxiety has lead me to hiding because I feel embarrassed. Physical anxiety leads me to skipping class occasionally when I am sick. Physical anxiety causes me to worry about throwing up and people seeing me and picking on me for it.

Another common anxiety effect is social anxiety. Social anxiety affects me and a lot of other students because many students get anxiety speaking out, answering questions in front of class, and addressing a teachers mistake. Many teachers will call on a random student, putting the student under a lot of pressure to get the answer right and this makes them feel embarrassed and causes severe social anxiety.

Anxiety is something serious that many students are affected by and embarrassed of. Just because you’re young and don’t pay bills doesn’t mean you don’t have anxiety. Really, everyone has anxiety whether it is severe or not so severe, anxiety is in everyone.