Heritage Ledger

What’s Next for the Class of 2018

Josie Dalldorf, Staff Writer

With the final quarters of high school creeping up upon them, the seniors of Heritage High have their futures to start thinking about. Many have already started dreaming of what they want to achieve in life and what college they want to end up at whether it’s a junior or a 4-year college.

Knowing what college to go to is a hard decision that most seniors are stuck having to make. Heather Moss (12), is still unsure about her future college plans.

“I will either go to LMC then transfer to Saint Mary’s College or go to Shasta Community College and transfer to Southern Oregon University. I’m still a bit undecided” told Moss.

Throughout the hecticness of senior year, students also have to go through the application process of applying to colleges. It’s a big, first step that some Seniors are already finding difficult to navigate through.

“I actually started filling out an early admissions application a few days ago. It was kind of terrifying,” said Andy Holifield (12).

Many high schoolers are told to start thinking about what they want to do their Freshman year. Some take it into account, but others just shrug it off.

Some go to college because that is what their parents planned for them, but others are going because they feel like it’s their next step to life. Curtis Lellman (12) felt like it the next step in his life.

“I’m kind of doing it because it’s just the next step in life. In the board game Life, you have the choice to go to college, but don’t really do that to have fun, you just skip right by it and you get to the actual game of life. That’s kinda what I’m doing” explained Lellman.

Whether it is their dream college or job, there’s a few seniors that know what they want to achieve after graduation. Holifield already has her dream job mapped out in her mind.

“I would like to become a clinical psychologist, specializing in working with children” said Holifield.

College is usually the next step in life and for the greater half of the Heritage High School Seniors, college is in their future plans. Others still need time to think about what their future plans will be, but no matter what they do the class of 2018 has an adventure ahead of them.