Students Shine in Heritage Idol

November has brought Heritage Idol, an opportunity which gives students the chance to showcase and express themselves through music.

Heritage Idol occurs every year. The competition takes place over the course of three nights, which consists of the seventh, eighth, and the sixteenth of November.

Throughout the first two nights 38 people perform and finalists are chosen to compete on the last night.

The last night, the sixteenth, was 5 dollars admissions or you could get in for free if you brought a new and unwrapped toy. With outstanding performances, Faith Hom won Heritage Idol which was well deserved. She was among many other talented artists to compete in Heritage Idol.

“I enjoyed it a lot and I had so much fun backstage with all the other contestants. There are so many amazing singers at this school and I was so amazed at the talent of everyone there” said Faith Hom (12).

One of the biggest benefits for these singers can be the opportunity they have gotten to meet other people who share their same interests.

“It was such a fun experience and I’m happy I got be apart of it” said Faith Hom (12).

“Everyone did really well and It was very enjoyable to watch” said Ysabelle Habon (12).

Ellyzha Astudillo (12), a Heritage Idol finalist said, “The experience is amazing to be honest. I’ve been singing in Heritage Idol since the beginning of high school and it’s been something that I’m always so grateful and blessed to be apart of”.

Heritage Idol presents an experience where students can include themselves in the school community and grow as a person and singer.

“Every year my confidence grows and I get to meet other amazing contestants who love to do what I love doing as well and that’s something I’ve always appreciated” concluded Ellyzha Astudillo (12).

This is a testament to the benefits that an opportunity like Heritage Idol gives to the students. Every year students leave Heritage Idol with a new determination.