Sadie Hawkins Dance Trips and Falls

Sadie Hawkins Dance Trips and Falls

On the morning of Friday February 23rd, during second period, it was broadcasted that Heritage’s first Sadie Hawkins dance had been canceled due to lack of ticket sales.

Only 103 tickets were sold in total, versus the 150 tickets leadership thought they were going to sell minimum. Despite the little amount of tickets sold, James Flores(11) said,

“I think it still would’ve been fun. I was going to go because I was hanging out with friends, not because of how many other people were going.”

People associate the lack of ticket sales with the lack of advertisement. Casey Manuel(12) talked of how there was very little advertising for the dance, especially in advance.

“I feel like a lot of people didn’t knew the meaning and wanted it to be more formal,” Manuel added.

The dance was advocated for by Maxym Sutton(10), the Sophomore Class President. When asked how it felt for the dance to be canceled, he replied,

“When I originally heard the dance got canceled I was very sad. This was supposed to be a great fun dance where we could make memories and also fundraise a bunch of money for our class.”

All three students said that advertisement was a big issue for the dance however.

“I didn’t know yesterday was the last day to buy tickets until yesterday, I was shocked and had to borrow money to buy the ticket… The advertisement was very minimal, and there weren’t enough details…” Flores described.

Sutton said, “I believe we could have made flyers and a lot more posters to advertise for this dance. Also, we could verbally invite more students to come”.

Sutton does want to try again for another Sadie Hawkins dance, saying,

“I definitely think this dance will be so much fun if we receive enough support from the student body”.

Although this year’s dance was not a success, Sutton’s determination to make the dance a success next year makes us all excited to see what’s to come.