Battle of the Classes Rally

Battle of the classes, seniors versus freshman, sophomores vs juniors; this year a rally full of amazing performances from all grades. Full of high energy and excited students, was graced with performances from not only our cheer and dance teams, but a special performance from our very own teachers. Our staff put together an amazing performance and they crowd loved watching their favorite teachers dab it out.

“It was so cool seeing teachers dance, especially to songs that we know and see them have fun.” said Lissie Sellasie (11)

“I didn’t even know my teachers could dance,” said Clayton Bolds (9), “I usually see them in such serious situations it was nice to see them have fun.”

Another crowd pleaser was the hip hop dance performance, the team worked hard for months before the rally for their three minute performance which they were incredibly proud of. Hip hop president Lilly Uch (12) has been a member of the team since her freshman year and is the acting president of the team. Being that she is a senior and her last year, her eye may have leaked a bit.

“This rally was really bittersweet for me,” said Uch, “I’ve had the pleasure of seeing this team grow throughout the years and I feel this is one of our best performances yet. I’m really happy I got the opportunity to perform with such great dancers for such an amazing school.”

The hip hop performance  followed none other than an extraordinary display of taekwondo skills from Heirtage’s very own CJ Nickolas. Taekwondo is a Korean martial art which takes an extraordinary amount of discipline and perseverance

The amazing rally was put together by none other than our leadership rally commission. Rally commission works hard on all of our rallies and try to make it as successful as possible; staying late the night before to set up all the posters and other decorations, putting together the music and making sure we have great performances and fun activities. Then they stay long after everyone else leaves to clean up  and reflect on the success of the rally.

“I really appreciate what the kids in leadership do for the rallies,” said Joaquin Gonzalez (11), “they work really hard to make sure that we have fun at the rallies.”

Even if you don’t enjoy the rallies, or skip like some students, many agree that this rally was amazing and though it was a short 40 minute rally, it was fun for all those who attended.