Heritage Spirit!

Heritage+Spirit%21

The week of March fifth through the ninth was a short, yet eventful week for Heritage High school students. Not only was there a late start (PD day) on Wednesday, but also a rally on Friday, and a spirit week! The spirit theme was battle of the classes, and Heritage students were able to express themselves in a variety of ways, being that there was a different spirit theme everyday, from BBQ dads, to ‘Thunderbirds’.

Monday, the fifth was the start of the spirit week, the last spirit week before spring break, and last since Big Blue Madness in January. The theme: flannels versus floral. Students came in an array of attires, from plaid flannels, to floral Hawaiian shirts. Among the crowds were floral dresses, and quite a few outfits including plaid pajama bottoms.

“I was happy to find out flannel was part of the spirit week. It gave me the perfect opportunity to wear my PJ bottoms, be comfortable, and also spirited” said Lena Egan (11).

Tuesday was surfers vs Thunderbirds. Surfers came in beachy attire, but kept it weather appropriate, most dressed far from standard beach attire with the weather high of the day being 65°. Thunderbirds wore typical 50’s and 60’s style clothing.

Wednesday was 80’s vs 90’s day. 80’s wear included mostly neon colors, and standard retro wear that may have been thriving for that era. 90’s wear was represented widly by a half-up-half-down hairstyle, and mom jeans.

“I didn’t have to change up my normal outfit that much for 90’s day! Most of my clothes could pass off as 90’s attire, but it’s still fun to participate, and I love being spirited for my school,” said Zacharie Belagorio (10) a leadership student.

Thursday was BBQ dads vs Brentwood moms. The 70° weather inhibited many to wear button up shirts, and floppy sun hats like dads ready to throw some meat on the BBQ. Brentwood moms were vastly represented by athletic wear, and ‘soccer mom’ shirts, and similar shirts. The green served as a backdrop to many spirited selfies.

Friday was the final day of the spirit week and also a rally day. The theme was class colors, giving the students an opportunity to have some unity with their peers. Seniors wore all shades of blue, juniors rocked red, sophomores sported green, and freshman showed off their spirit in yellow.

“Spirit day just goes to show that you can accomplish things on your own, but it’s much greater with a team or someone else by your side”, said Xenobia Weber (11) a student who helped with rally run through, and set up.

All-in-all the spirit week gave students an enlightening five days to go all out with the company of their classmates.