From a Fresh Perspective

Incoming students speak about experiences as a new, functioning member of the Heritage High School student body. After emerging from the Link Crew program, the elated freshmen stepped on to campus August 4th to embark on their 4 year journey surrounded by old friends, new friends, and complete strangers.

From the freshmen interviewed all had a positive outlook on the years ahead regarding the teachers.

“The teachers were nice and easy to talk to about problems in class,” which as many upperclassmen can attest to, student-teacher communication will help you in the long run.
As a new student JM Yunzal (9) described walking through his first passing period.

“It was impressive, a bit crazy, but it was cool to see,” Yunzal said.

img_5516
When speaking to Yunzal about his experience through Link Crew he described the relationship.

“Nice and easy to talk to as friends,” Yunzal said. This speaks to the main underlying goal of the FIT/Link Program which allows the incoming freshmen someone to talk to and rely on for help and advice.

Another student Andrew Baca (9) compared his former school, Bristow, to Heritage and stated

“This campus and way bigger and full of people,” Baca said.

Baca spoke on passing period as a different experience,“Weird, so many people, I didn’t know where to go,”

Yunzal and other students regarded their first day as “awkward” due to the fact he didn’t know anyone but as the week went on “people began to talk more” making everyone more comfortable.
Freshmen described Link as an enjoyable and interesting process.

“Fun with all the games… and new people,” Baca said.

Overall there were no problems with the Link Leaders or the program itself.