Brentwood Bowl Annihilation

Maddy Samorano

Heritage’s Varsity team hold up the Brentwood Bowl trophy and hold the Brentwood title once again.

A sea of black, the cheers of the opposing teams, and a cold breeze of the night. The only game where the two Brentwood teams battle it out for the famous Brentwood title. This year’s battle could be the most successful and memorable for the Heritage football program.

The Brentwood Bowl is one of the games that almost everyone attends. It’s an event that unites the school and genuinely reflects the spirit of Heritage. This year Heritage played an outstanding game against Liberty; it’s as if our side of the bleacher was feeding off the energy of the players, cheerleaders, and coaches to help contribute to the success of the team.

“Of all four years going to Heritage this was by far the most memorable and exciting Brentwood Bowl that I have been to,” said Hannah Bowermith (12).

With an amazing win of 54-21, Heritage demolished Liberty with back to back touchdowns, amazing plays, and just playing with all out heart. It was obvious that Heritage wanted this game more than anything and was able to steal this game with team unity and faith in each other.

“Hearing the crowd cheer after scoring back to back touchdowns was a high school experience that I will never forget. It reminded of how much spirit and family dynamic I have with not only the seniors, but everyone at Heritage,” said Tyriq Mack (12).

The student section was hyphy as Heritage was continuously scoring on Liberty. It was hands down one of the most crazy student sections that Heritage has had for a football game; loud chants, bodies painted black, and the crazy Uncle Pat dance moves, continued to light the fire for the student section.

This Brentwood Bowl was one for the books for Heritage and will never be forgotten. Hopefully the next varsity team will continue this kind of heart and spirit for the next Brentwood Bowl.