A Day in the Life of a Senior

As she went through walk through for the final time, the camera-man whom took her identification photo said abruptly “Smile for your last ID card,” and she was stunned with disbelief. Jaynlin Miller, one of this years seniors, is completely shocked but ready to be a senior and finish off this final year of high school.

“It feels weird. I remember being a freshman just like it was yesterday. I feel proud to be a senior, but also a little bit sad because I know after this year, I won’t be a kid anymore” Miller said.

It is quite shocking to realize that the days that your teachers have been preparing you for since freshman year are here. Applying to colleges, searching for your passion, planning your future, living out their last high school events, and realizing all in one flick of a moment that your future is right around the corner.

All the while, having two unscheduled periods and barely having any homework for some seniors is still too daunting of a task. Senioritis is real, folks. Some say they’ve had it since kindergarten.

“I think senioritis starts when you’re a junior when you start to realize that your high school years are coming to a close,” Ms. Cooper said.

While seniors frantically apply to colleges and try to figure out where they’ll be for two to four years after they graduate, a feeling of bitter-sweetness surrounds them. For it is senior year, the last year, and it is everyone’s last chance to have fun and make the most out of high school.

“Knowing that this will be my last homecoming, my last big blue madness rally, and simply my last year at Heritage is so bitter-sweet… Knowing that this year, I will remember for the rest of my life, feels totally unreal” Veronica Johns (12) said.

The pressures and worries of tomorrow are now the stress and sweat of today. All of the hard work and dedication to studies and extracurriculars are coming into a fold. This is the year every grade dreams about. This is the prime-time. Freshmen look up to you, everyone adores you, and your lower-classmen friends become sick at the thought that you are leaving them after this year.

“I’ll miss Heritage once I leave to college, but I can’t wait to have fun my last year and then move on to bigger things,” Billy Woodin (12) said.

This is the last chance to make everything out of the opportunities and capabilities given to you. This is the last chance to have fun, participate, get involved, work hard in class, set an example for others, make the year absolutely amazing, and leave behind legacies and traditions for the following classes. This is your senior year. Like Troy Bolton (or Zac Efron) said in High School Musical 3: Senior Year, “It’s Now or Never.”