Cruisin’ with the Cory’s

Meet Scott and Emily Cory. After graduating from Heritage in 2008, their life together has become a real life fairytale; from childhood friends, high school sweethearts, to newlyweds, the Cory’s showcase a great example of a loving relationship.

Scott and Emily met in the second grade and remained close friends until the summer before their senior year, when they became a couple.

While still in high school, Emily played Varsity soccer, and set what she though were realistic goals for her future.

“When I was in high school, I had planned on being a nurse.  Actually, it wasn’t until I took a general marketing course in college that I decided I wanted to be a marketer,” said Emily.

She now works as a marketing coordinator for CPA firm, in Lindquist, after graduating (with Scott) from San Francisco State University.

In 2001, when Scott was 11 years old, he became the youngest person to climb El Capitan in Yosemite National Park in a single day. His accomplishment was recorded in the Guinness book of world records during his senior year in high school.

He was also voted most likely to explore the world, something he continues to do. Scott now works at John Muir Health, as an executive specialist in cardiac rehabilitation and coaches a youth rock climbing team in his free time.

As their relationship grew, they realized more and more that they wanted to get married, and experience life together:

“I always knew I wanted to marry Scott, but as time went on, I couldn’t imagine myself without him. After graduation, we grew together as individuals and as a couple,” said Emily.

The two got married last July, and now spend their time traveling the world together.

‘“We love to travel, rock climb, and hike… We both want kids in the future, however, we want to travel and enjoy being married first,” said Emily.

The two also maintain a travel blog, “Cruising With the Cory’s,” where they showcase the many adventures they’ve taken together and destinations they’ve reached.

The Cory’s hope to one day start a family together, as well as continue traveling the world and explore new things. They look forward to watching their relationship grow and improve.